AK 4 Fellowship Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1: Swap it Off: Clothes Fundraiser

Go down

Day 1: Swap it Off: Clothes Fundraiser Empty Day 1: Swap it Off: Clothes Fundraiser

Post  Admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 am

Day 1: Swap it Off: Clothes Fundraiser

Today I attended a clothes swap fundraiser event for the first time ever. The way it works is that anyone who wants to participate would just bring some old clothes and once there, they're free to pick up anything they liked. Anything that was left over would be donated and a check would be written out to help benefit the Oasis Girls Foundation, a non-profit where girls and young women of low-income are inspired and empowered to become strong and creative in their communities. Simple!

At first it felt a bit odd to take my clothes out of the bag, and then wonder if anyone would like them, or if they would comment on my weird sense of style. But actually I was happy to see other girls pick my old clothes and love them like they were new. It made giving away a lot more enjoyable.

I brought 2 bags of clothes and walked away with a new cardigan and sweater dress.

In learning to live a life of simplicity, I'm becoming more aware of the many wonderful things I already have, and therefore more thankful to all that God has given me. A big part of controlling my desires for more things is to guard my eyes, and simply not look for something material that I think will satisfy.

"Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? - Col 2:20-21

elani

Admin
Admin

https://akfour.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum